Electric bikes are the only type that have functional pedals today, enabling the rider to get exercise while commuting.
In China, the new standards for electric bikes are:
1. A maximum speed of 25 kilometers per hour;
2. The weight of the vehicle shall not exceed 55 kg;
3. Must be able to pedal and ride;
4. the motor power is not more than 400 watts;
5. the nominal voltage of the battery does not exceed 48 volts, etc.
Electric moped two wheeled is a hybrid of both motorized and human (pedaling) power, and occasionally resembles an electric bicycle. The term “moped” is derived from the two words “motor” and “pedal”.
Electric scooter is a plug-in electric vehicle with two or three wheels powered by an electric motor, and often resembles a motorcycle. The electricity is stored on board in a rechargeable battery, which drives one or more electric motors.
There is often confusion about the differences among electric bicycles, electric mopeds, electric scooters and electric motorcycles.
These are all two-wheeled vehicles but are very different on legal requirements, benefits, and riding style. Electric bikes are the only type that have functional pedals today, enabling the rider to get exercise while commuting. A brief summary of each is below, followed by the advantages of each.
1. Electric bicycles have pedals and provide a form of exercise, while most mopeds do not have pedals and do not provide exercise.
2. Mopeds in the USA often require a driver’s license and insurance and some form of registration. Electric bikes do not require a license or registration or insurance.
3. Mopeds can often travel on street bike lanes, they cannot travel on sidewalks and park in bicycle areas. An electric bicycle can travel on bike lanes and paths and park in bicycle areas. An electric bicycle is considered a bicycle.
4. An electric bike, when configured as a mountain e-bike can travel off road on trails. While a moped cannot, as it is designed for city streets.
5. A moped is generally allowed to have a top speed of 30MPH, while an electric bicycle is generally limited to 20MPH with motor only power (can go faster if the rider is actively pedaling)
Summarise in a table form is as follows:
|Name||E Bike||E Moped||E Scooter||E Motorcycle|
Two-wheeled vehicle equipped with two pedals, electric motor ≤1hp and a battery
|Two-wheeled vehicle equipped with both motorized and pedaling power.||Two-wheeled vehicle with a step-through chassis and footrest platform||Two-wheeled vehicle designed for higher speeds and are equipped with better acceleration|
|Engine Size||50cc||50cc||50cc to 250cc||250cc or larger|
|Wheel Size||Varies||Varies||10” – 16”||16” or larger|
|Speed||≤20mph without pedaling||≤30mph||Varies by engine size||Varies by engine size|
|Allowed to ride on highways?||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Legal age to ride||16||14-16||16|
|Riding license required?||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
YM Power Tech Limited focus on custom-made lithium battery packs for all above two-wheel electric vehicles. Electric motorcycle lithium battery packs, scooter lithium battery packs, e bike lithium battery packs all are available. Welcome to contact us at email@example.com or whatsapp +86 13775259337.